Available via Ebschost databases. If having access problems please contact email@example.com
4 core strategies for implementing change.
Loesch, Paul C.
Leadership; May/Jun2010, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p28-31, 4p
The article focuses on core strategies suggested to be taken by schools in narrowing the achievement gap among students. It stresses that school districts should adopt to change in order to implement better means of improving student performance. It also states that identification of the problem and devising a plan are factors which contribute to a successful problem-solving in the field of education. Moreover, it emphasizes that schools should abide with definite goals.
Implementing school-wide behavior change: Lessons from the field.
George, Michael P. White, George P.
Schlaffer, Joseph J.
Psychology in the Schools; Jan2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p41-51, 11p, 1
In this article, we examine two schools that successfully adopted school-wide positive behavior interventions and highlight some of the common features that contributed to their success. As part of our analysis, we draw upon the theoretical literature on organizational change to discuss factors that supported these successful school-wide
reform efforts, including the contributions of administrators, teachers,
and school psychologists.
• The challenge of change : start school improvement now! Fullan, Michael. 2009
• Leading change in your school : how to conquer myths, build commitment, and get results Reeves, Douglas B., 1953- 2009
• What's worth fighting for in the principalship? Fullan, Michael. 2008
• Lead more, manage less : a five essential behaviour management insights for school leaders Richmond, Christine. 2007
• Activating the desire to learn Sullo, Robert A. 2007
• Leading schools in a data-rich world : harnessing data for school improvement Earl, Lorna M. (Lorna Maxine), 1948- 2006
• The principalship : a reflective practice perspective Sergiovanni, Thomas J. 2006
• Leading for results : transforming teaching, learning, and relationships in schools Sparks, Dennis. 2005
• Writing better : effective strategies for teaching students with learning difficulties Graham, Steven, 1950- 2005
• Teaching in the knowledge society : education in the age of insecurity Hargreaves, Andy. 2003
• Change forces with a vengeance Fullan, Michael. 2003
Available for browsing from EBook library. Purchase of any books available upon request from Ebook library. Contact LEX for more details.
• Building Leadership Capacity for School Improvement Harris, Alma; Lambert, Linda Open University Press 2007 9780335225699
• International Handbook of School Effectiveness and Improvement : Review, Reflection and Reframing Townsend, Tony Springer 2007 9781402057472
• Reframing Teacher Leadership to Improve Your School Reeves, Douglas B. ASCD 2008 9781416607670
• Leading Change in Your School : How to Conquer Myths, Build Commitment, and Get Results Reeves, Douglas B. ASCD 2009 9781416608929